Through the Years: 200 S and 200 to 300 W
- Ken Bott
- Mar 2
- 1 min read
After Brigham City was divided into 4 wards in 1877, each ward started to build a school that was also used as a chapel. This is the spot where the Second Ward built their initial school/chapel, the Whittier School, and then their chapel. The original school/chapel and Whittier school house are in the first photo, the second chapel and school in the second, the former chapel in 2013 after renovations through the years, and the site today.
The Compton Photo is from the tabernacle looking west and north. The (now) Temple grounds are directly west and across the street is where Smith's is now located.
The red circle was the original school/chapel
The blue circle is the Whittier School
The Compton photo is from the Compton Collection Digital Library at the Merrill-Cazier Library at USU
All photos are used for educational, nonprofit, and noncommercial uses only.




